CIFS Privacy Statement
We, at The Cyprus Institute of Financial Services (CIFS), are committed to the appropriate protection and use of personal information (sometimes referred to as Personal Data) that we collect about you.
CIFS – who we are
The Cyprus Institute of Financial Services is a society (not-for-profit legal entity) registered in the Republic of Cyprus and is the successor to The Chartered Institute of Bankers, Cyprus Centre.
The core activity of our Institute is the provision of quality education services and training through high quality seminars to banking and financial services professionals.
As a data controller, we determine the purpose and means of processing individuals’ personal data, and we intend to act reasonably to protect your privacy.
Personal Data collected from you
- We do not collect any personal data from you unless you freely consent to provide it. Examples of personal data that we may collect from you include name, address, email address, phone number, academic and professional qualifications, employer, position.
- Information necessary to make payments, which may include bank account details, and other relevant information.
Time of collection of personal data
CIFS may collect your data when you apply to become a member of the Institute. Your personal data may be processed if you sign to participate in one of our seminars or other events. Your data may also be collected when an organisation engages CIFS to provide services and you are engaged in the organisation in any capacity that is relevant (e.g. employee, director, representative).
How we use the personal data we collect and on which legal basis
- We use your personal data to fulfil a contract with you and provide you with our services. This includes to:
- provide payment processing, including registration to become a member, and registration for online and in person events
- contact you regarding your enquiries
- Provide our services or enter in to discussions for the provision of services to you or a Client Entity
- In compliance with our legal obligations including accounting
- With your consent, we may use your personal data to:
Provide you with marketing communications via telephone calls, email, SMS and keep you informed of news and forthcoming events, services and seminars and any other updates.
- We may use your personal data to comply with applicable legal obligations to which we are subject
Provision of your personal data to third parties
- The CIFS may share information in the context of providing its services to you or any Client Entity with other third parties including for example, trainers at our seminars, payment processors, database service providers, its own legal and or other advisors, other service providers (e.g. online storage centres )
- The CIFS may also share your information where obliged to do so by an applicable court order and or where required to do so by law.
How we protect personal data
We take appropriate security measures by maintaining certain administrative, technical, and physical measures to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the personal data in our control.
Your personal data may be stored electronically or in paper form.
How long we keep your personal data
CIFS stores personal data for no longer than is reasonably necessary for its processing purposes. Your personal data will be deleted upon your consent been withdrawn, and, provided that we are not obliged by law to maintain such a data.
- Right of Access
You may request details of your personal data that we hold
- Right of Correction
We will comply with your request to edit and update incorrect personal data promptly.
- Right to be forgotten
At your request, we will delete your personal data if:
- You withdraw the consent which formed the basis of your personal data processing
- It is no longer necessary to retain your personal data
- You object to the processing of your personal data and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for such processing
- The personal data must be deleted for us to comply with our legal obligations
We will decline your request for deletion if processing of your personal data is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, or in pursuit of a legal action, or to detect and monitor fraud, or for the performance of a task in the public interest.
- Right to Restrict processing of your personal data
You have the right to request from CIFS -where certain conditions apply – to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right of Data Portability
At your request, we will provide you with the data we hold or transfer it to another organisation.
- Right to object
You have the right to object on grounds relating to your particular situation, to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
You have the right to object to automated processing, including profiling
- Right to complain to a Supervisory Authority
If you are not satisfied with our response to a complaint you may have, you have the right to complain to or seek advice from the Commissioner for the Protection of Personal Data.
- Right to withdraw consent
You have the right to withdraw any consent you may have previously given us at any time. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our collecting, using and sharing of your personal data up to the point in time that you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to contact us in connection with the exercise of your rights listed above, please email us at info.@cifs.com.cy