Seminar – AML Compliance for the Alternative Investment Funds’ Industry
Aims and Objectives:
Anti-Money Laundering (AML) is now more complex than ever, with constant changes presenting unique and difficult challenges for Regulated Entities. A significant number of high-profile enforcement cases have shown that AML compliance for the AIFs has been and will continue to be a top priority for Regulatory Authorities and Law Enforcement Agencies in Cyprus, the European Union and globally. Regulated Entities now face the very real possibility of large fines and criminal prosecution for any breaches.
By the end of the seminar, participants will gain a comprehensive understanding of the current AML critical considerations for the AIFs, the requirements, the challenges ahead and the new compliance landscape and more importantly to offer practical solutions for an efficient and effective implementation of AML procedures and controls for the AIFs.
Topics to be covered:
- Introduction to AML Compliance and its Significance
- A Deep Dive into AML Regulatory Framework for AIFs
- Identifying and Mitigating ML Risks in AIFs
- Building an Effective AML Compliance Program
- Mastering AML Transaction Monitoring and Reporting
- Fostering AML Training and Awareness among AIF Staff
- Using Technology and Tools for AML Success
- AML Audits, Reporting, and Consequences of Non-Compliance
- Navigating International AML Standards for Cross-Border AIFs
- Real-World Case Studies and Future Trends in AML
This seminar is addressed to Compliance, Risk Professionals, Officers, Internal auditors and Management of AIF, AIFM and Financial Institutions.
Speaker: Yiannis Pettemerides
Mr Yiannis Pettemerides, is a Consultant, in the fields of Forensic Investigations, Sanctions Compliance, AML compliance, Registered Auditor, Insolvency Practitioner, with more than 20 years of experience, and with a previous career in PwC London and PwC Cyprus, in the Statutory Audit of Investment, Insurance and Banking Organisations.
Mr. Pettemerides has served as an External Technical Expert for the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission and chaired committees at the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Cyprus. He has also contributed his expertise to various sectors, including law enforcement and the private sector, both in Cyprus and internationally.
As a recognized trainer, he conducts HRDA-approved courses in areas such as Forensic, Sanctions, and AML.
Mr Yiannis Pettemerides, holds a Bachelor and a Master Degrees in Accounting, Economics and Finance (BA, MA), a Fellowship and Practicing Audit Certificates from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Cyprus, and memberships in professional associations such as the Institute of Internal Auditors, of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners and of the International Compliance Association.
- Date: 23 November 2023
- Time: 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Venue: Eurolife House, Evrou 4, Strovolos 2003
- Language: English
- Duration: 3 hours/CPD Units/Certificate awarded
- Cost: €100 plus VAT
- The Seminar is not subsidized by HRDA
Registration/ Contact Details:
Please use the Registration Form here
For more information and registrations, please contact Cyprus Institute of Financial Services (CIFS)
- Phone: +35799515846 / +35799496452